Justice Studies Internship (8544.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Summer Semester MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62012646 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Semester 1 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62012646 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Winter Term MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62012646 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Semester 2 MS Allison BALLARD (Ph: ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (178968) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (177963) - View
- Summer Semester, 2017/18, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (183491) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (167393) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (167875) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (166894) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (151011) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152367) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (154213) - View
- Summer Semester 2015/16, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (149896) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, INTERNPLCE, HG-WAV (139155) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (145961) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides for students to undertake an approved professional placement in a justice agency, either in Australia or overseas, and to undertake a research project in the field of justice administration that is of value to the specific workplace. The unit requires and develops students knowledge of the justice system, problem identification and resolution, and a range of other important skills, including:- oral and written communication skills;- the ability to work in teams and collaboratively; and - the ability to exercise initiative. In the course of the placement, the student will undertake a supervised project, of at least 40 hours duration. A report on that project will be prepared, and the student will also be required to keep a reflective journal recording their work on the project.
At the completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of administration of justice within a justice agency;
2. demonstrate how practical skills such as analysis, research and writing are put to use;
3. demonstrate an ability to apply theoretical knowledge to problem solving;
4. reflect and think about how social or ethical issues of your workplace impact on the administration of justice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
- Summer Semester, 2017/18
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Summer Semester, 2015/16
- Semester 1, 2015
- UC Melbourne - Waverley Campus
Three hours per week or equivalent.
Permission from Unit Convener
Enrolment in a Law course or a Justice Studies course OR permission of unit convener.
- 247JA Associate Degree of Justice Studies
- 107JA Associate Degree of Social Science in Justice Studies
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 248JA Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 249JA Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- 949AA Bachelor of Social Science in Justice Studies