Construction Procurement (8527.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154551) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145453) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Concepts of building procurement, including the methods and processes of building procurement, procurement strategies in the public and private sectors, and risk management. The unit includes learning by case studies.
1. apply knowledge of the principles and practices of construction procurement
2. demonstrate an understanding of relevant regulations and standards in construction procurement
3. develop, implement and evaluate construction procurement strategies, and manage procurement processes to achieve successful outcomes.
Three hours per week.
Building and Construction Studies 1 and Introduction to Business Law. Students who have completed the University of Newcastle unit ARBE 2305 Construction Procurement will not be able to enrol in this unit.