Business and Government Internship PG (8506.3)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Summer Semester MR Greg BOLAND (Ph: +61 2 62012327 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Semester 1 MR Greg BOLAND (Ph: +61 2 62012327 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Winter Term MS Katie LEY (Ph: +61 2 62068301 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Semester 2 MS Katie LEY (Ph: +61 2 62068301 ) INTERNPLCE 2019 Summer Semester MR Greg BOLAND (Ph: +61 2 62012327 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (178006) - View
- Summer Semester, 2017/18, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (175307) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (167523) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (167795) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (166931) - View
- Summer Semester, 2016/17, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (169695) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (151412) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152463) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (154302) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (139825) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (141178) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (145739) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students are required to undertake an internship placement of 90 hours under the supervision of a professional practitioner in an appropriate workplace in the community where they will be exposed to and involved in the processes of planning and implementing management activities. Students are required to analyse the organisation and management practices by preparing research reports and keeping a reflective journal, to be assessed by the unit convener. They will also prepare and present a 30 minute seminar presentation to share their observations and experiences with the unit convener and other students at the end of the teaching period.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the relationships between relevant theories and actual professional practice through self directed learning in their professional field;
2. Identify and analyse the main features of problems and recommended improvements relevant to their professional field;
3. Appreciate their own personal strengths and weaknesses as a beginning professional in their professional field and work toward helping improving society;
4. Work individually and in groups to express knowledge, ideas and opinions in their professional field, both orally and in written form, with confidence and clarity; and
5. Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills including creativity, initiative, adaptability, leadership, and resourcefulness in their professional field.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Summer Semester, 2017/18
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Summer Semester, 2016/17
- Semester 2, 2016
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
A minimum 90 hours under the supervision of a professional practitioner averaged over the semester.
Successful completion of 24 credit points at a credit average from any coursework Masters degree offered by the Faculty of Business and Government. Students will be required to undertake a work placement program as approved by the unit convener.
Permission of unit convener.