Online News 2 (8465.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Communication Studies|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
The unit builds on the sub-editing techniques taught in the prerequisite unit, but aims to show students how to maximise the advantages of a multimedia online environment for journalism. Students comprise the production team for the student journalism on-line newspaper NowUC. They write and edit print, audio and video stories in a live multimedia environment. The unit will cover basic web design for journalism.
1. Understand the basics of technology behind internet publication
2. Understand how the technology and convergence is affecting the practice and consumption of journalism.
3. Understand ethical and legal questions in relation to web publication
4. Learn the basics of print and web layout, design and typography.
5. Understand how social internet media is affecting politics in Australia and worldwide
Three hours per week.
Online News 1 Restrictions: This unit is not open to student who have passed Online News 2 (6cp).