Advanced Broadcast Journalism 1 (8462.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Creative Writing|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2014
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
This unit extends the students knowledge and practice of broadcast journalism and production skills, to equip the students to become independent, video and audio reporter/producers in converged digital media environments.
It also examines the changing nature of journalism and grapples with the future of broadcast journalism with a focus on the application and augmentation of traditional audio/video journalism skills in the social media era, with an emphasis on crowdsourcing and audience curation/engagement.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. students will develop a deeper understanding of the role of multiple-media journalists;
2. students will appreciate the different forms that broadcast journalism takes;
3. students will gain the skills necessary to research, write and produce radio packages/programs and TV news stories of a semi-professional standard;
4. students will be able to critically analyse issues confronting journalism in the 21st century.
Three hours per week.
Broadcast Journalism 2 Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed Advanced Broadcast Journalism 1 (6cp).
Completion of Broadcast Journalism 1 and Broadcast Journalism 2.