Technology Laboratory (8335.5)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC College Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (178832) - View
- UC College Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (178810) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176354) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176353) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (166567) - View
- UC College Trimester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (165571) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165473) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165305) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (166662) - View
- UC College Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (156504) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154458) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147633) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the study of basic structures and their performance in design and construction. Through experimental design and analysis, students will identify, predict and confirm the action of forces on simple structures.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Identify the basic principles of simple structures;
2. Predict and explain the performance of simple structures; and
3. Model, test and analyse basic structural components.
3 hours per week.
5643 Design Technology 1.1 and 5642 Design Technology 1.2
- 120JA Bachelor of Arts in Landscape
- 130JA Bachelor of Arts in Landscape/Bachelor of Environmental Science
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 207JA Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- 118JA Bachelor of Industrial Design
- 288JA Bachelor of Industrial Design
- 119HG Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 119JA Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 289JA Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 290JA Bachelor of Landscape Design
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science