Introduction to Creative Writing G (8305.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 1 DR Jennifer CRAWFORD (Ph: +61 2 62015282 ) FLEXIBLE 2018 Winter Term MS Saskia BEUDEL (Ph: ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164758) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165303) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (161141) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154628) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (141130) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145508) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the practice and theory of creative writing in our contemporary world. It explores fiction and creative non-fiction forms; introduces students to the concepts of what creative writing is, being a writer, and 'writing across the curriculum'; and develops some basic creative and professional writing strategies and skills. It gives students the opportunity to experiment and practice with different forms of writing and in different registers for a variety of audiences, to develop interests and talents. Students are encouraged to develop their writer's eye and to keep a writing journal. The unit introduces students to the professional field of writing and publishing, including market opportunities, and to legal and ethical responsibilities. This unit is co-taught with Introduction to Creative Writing.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Write short creative works for different audiences; utilise and develop strategies for enhancing their own creativity; employ basic fiction and creative non-fiction writing and editing strategies; reflect, review and assess their own writing practice; produce work to a finished standard with respect to editing and revision; understand and interpret markets for their work; value and respect differing views.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
Three hours per week.