Creative Project (8298.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (178772) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165202) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (161100) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139761) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit allows students to complete a large writing project in prose, scriptwriting or poetry under professional conditions. Students are expected to show considerable independence and initiative in completing this work, which will be overseen by supervising tutors. A series of workshops and consultations will aid students to bring their projects to a standard that contributes to their chosen field of practice. This unit is co-taught with Creative Project G.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Complete a substantial creative work in a largely self-directed manner;
2. Establish and maintain a broadly editorial relationship with a mentor;
3. Develop a major project to a marketable standard under as close to professional conditions as possible;
4. Critically edit and redraft their work; and
5. Respond positively to constructive criticism from colleagues.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Three hours per week.
8300 Creative Research, or 8902 Cultural Research, or 9989 Research and Practice
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing