Globalisation and Resistance (8169.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178400) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (166536) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164779) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164813) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (161000) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161001) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161013) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139610) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (141155) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
We live in an increasingly interdependent or 'globalised' world. This unit examines the causes of globalisation, and the effects that global forces have had (and are having) on contemporary social, economic, political and environmental events and developments. The unit also analyses key theories and ideologies of globalisation, and examines the rise of international civil society and global resistance movements.
On completion of this unit, students will have:
1. gained a basic understanding of the causes and effects of globalisation;
2. developed their ability to understand current world events, by contextualising them in relation to relevant global developments and processes; and
3. developed their ability to critically discuss key theories and ideologies of globalisation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Winter Term, 2016
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
- UC College Trimester 3, 2017
- UC College Trimester 3, 2016