Literary Studies: Literature for 0-18 (8141.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176437) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153987) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students read and respond to literature in many forms, including picture books, poetry, novels and hypertext, written for young people between the ages of 0 - 18 years of age. Students read selections from critical and theoretical debates within the field of young people?s literature and literary studies. This unit is co-taught with unit 8751 Literary Studies: Literature for 0-18 G.
This unit is co-taught with unit 8751 Literary Studies: Literature for 0-18 G.
On successful completion of the unit students will be able to:
1.demonstrate in written and oral forms an ability to critically and creatively analyse the formal and aesthetic qualities of the studied works; and
2. demonstrate orally and in writing a creative and critical understanding of critical and theoretical engagements with the field of young people's literature.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2018
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours per week.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing