Law Internship PG (8075.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Summer Semester MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62012646 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Winter Term MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62012646 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Semester 2 MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62012646 ) INTERNPLCE 2019 Summer Semester MS Doris BOZIN (Ph: +61 2 62012646 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Summer Semester, 2017/18, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (175314) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (167680) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (167837) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (167186) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (151863) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152606) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (155058) - View
- Summer Semester 2015/16, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (149901) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (145321) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is a workplace industry unit. Student undertake an internship in a legal services workplace for a total of 40 hours. Additionally, up to 10 hours are spent in briefing sessions, one-on-one mentoring sessions and an end of semester seminar. The internship provides students with and opportunity to integrate legal theory and knowledge with practice and to incorporate insights into their understanding of legal services and service delivery, the lawyer-client relationship, legal professional ethics and the legal profession. Approval to enrol must be obtained from the unit convener. She or he will assist students to identify suitable workplaces and internship supervisors. Only students enrolled in the Master of Laws or Masters in Juris Doctor who have completed at least four PG or G level law units averaging a credit grade or higher are eligible to enrol.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the practice of law within a legal environment;
2. Demonstrate how practical skills such as legal analysis, research and writing are put to use;
3. Demonstrate an ability to apply theoretical knowledge to legal problem solving;
4. Reflect and think about how social or ethical issues of the workplace impact on the practice of law.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Summer Semester, 2017/18
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Summer Semester, 2015/16
- Semester 1, 2015
40 hours work experience in legal services industry. Up to 10 hours briefing sessions, seminars and one-on-one meetings with unit convener. Approx. 3 hours a week
Enrolment in Master of Laws or Master of Juris Doctor; For students enrolled in Master of Laws, completion of at least four PG or G level law units averaging a credit grade or higher, including a research unit; or For students enrolled in the Master of Juris Doctor, completion of at least 12 PG or G level law units averaging a credit grade or higher, including a research unit.
Basic awareness of the role of the legal profession and organisation of the legal services industry. A basic knowledge of the scope and content of law. A sound ability to research it.