Governance and Sport (7979.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
This unit is designed to encourage the development of necessary and valuable management skills for sports managers. Major areas of discussion will include strategic planning, leadership, communication, finance and budgetary considerations, risk management, ethics, management functions and facility management.
1. the planning and processes involved in managing a professional sports organisation
2. understand budgetary considerations pertaining to sport related businesses
3. able to identify the steps involved in strategic planning for a sporting organisations
4. develop and prepare a strategic plan; and
5. identify various leadership and management styles that are used in sporting organisations
Two hours of lectures and one-hour tutorial per week.