Sharing Knowledge in Midwifery (7944.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Disciplines of Nursing & Midwifery|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180563) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164549) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152417) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (141161) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will examine various forms of knowledge construction and acquisition in childbearing and midwifery. Using a variety of theoretical approaches, we explore how childbearing women, midwives and other health professionals come to 'know' and how they share their knowledge with each other.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Show understandings of the complex interplay between knowledge, learning, research, reflection, education, and power as applicable to midwifery;
2. Demonstrate communication skills for midwifery work; and
3. Express increasing knowledge of the complexity of midwifery relationships.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
Up to 3 hours per week consisting of seminars, workshops and flexible learning.