Current Legal Issues (7870.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Summer Semester DR Steven CHURCHES (Ph: ) INTENSIVE 2019 Summer Semester DR Steven CHURCHES (Ph: ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Summer Semester, 2017/18, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (175269) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (152543) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will examine selected commercial or non-commercial legal issues. It will be offered as an elective unit to LLB students. The units content will vary from semester to semester depending on the interests and availability of staff. The approved offering for each semester will be advertised to students at least one semester in advance of its availability and may cover commercial law disciplines such as insolvency law or banking law, which are not presently taught within the Law Program, as well as non-commercial areas such as law and public policy, advanced criminal law and advanced administrative law, all of which tap staff expertise and research interests and will foster a synergy between those interests, the resources of our research centers and the teaching program, as well as providing a response to student demand.
- On completion of this unit, students will be able to: understand the working of relevant laws in the selected field, the policy behind the law and its place in the system of justice; understand the implications of legal issues in the selected field, including where relevant international obligations in that field; be able to demonstrate the capacity for research and analysis/problem solving in the selected field and to explore particular topics in the selected field in depth
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Summer Semester, 2017/18
- Winter Term, 2016
Admission to the LLB degree offered by or through the University and the units Legal Systems and Legal Methods and Skills or equivalent.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws