Construction Project Management (7828.10)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163168) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140284) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims at providing the students with understanding and appreciation of Construction Project Management as an integral part of the Building and Construction process. The unit educates the students about the various facets of construction project management as compared to generic project management. This is reflected in the strong emphasis on understanding the building construction stages and processes as well as roles and responsibilities of those involved in Construction Project Management. Effective management of time, cost, human resources as well as environmental and socio-political aspects are essential components of this unit.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively;
2. Interpret building documentation;
3. Apply cost management knowledge through practical tutorials;
4. Expand understanding of construction design and development processes;
5. Appreciate roles and responsibilities of a construction project manager, including resources, cost, time, risk, environment, local planning and community;
6. Expand skills as team member and team leader; and
7. Develop project management strategies for construction projects.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2016
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week.
All of the following units: 7829 Contract Administration, 7827 Building and Construction Law, 8518 (7822) Building and Construction Studies 1, 7823 Building and Construction Studies 2 AND 7824 Building and Construction Studies 3.