Building and Construction Studies 3 (7824.6)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 PROF Charles LEMCKERT (Ph: +61 2 62068395 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 PROF Charles LEMCKERT (Ph: +61 2 62068395 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (187930) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178578) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163023) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (169659) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154789) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145898) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will develop advanced knowledge in relation to the construction principles for high rise and tall building. Aspects to be explored include site investigation and foundation construction issues, basement construction, materials handling and mechanisation, building assembly, vertical and horizontal transportation, and craneage. Students will gain advanced knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and other relevant building regulations as well as the impact of climate, soil and wind considerations. Work place health and safety considerations for tall buildings are covered.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Appraise and formulate building and construction methods, issues, and principles for tall and complex building;
2. Differentiate the requirements of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards and planning requirements for tall and complex building;
3. Analyse and propose alternate methodologies for construction productivity and achieving enhanced building performance; and
4. Appraise issues concerned with managing demolition and hazardous materials, and work place health and safety for tall and complex building.
Two hour lecture and one hour tutorial/laboratory or 3 hour workshop/laboratory.
7823 Building and Construction Studies 2.