Client Advocacy and Communication Skills (7570.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Winter Term MR Scott PEARSALL (Ph: +61 2 62068987 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your Unit's Moodle site.
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (169700) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (141122) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit will introduce students to some of the advanced formal communication skills required as a lawyer, particularly those required for advocacy. Module s will be selected from the following: - Client interview skills; - Mooting (appeals) including written submissions; - Basic trial advocacy - Pleas; and Tribunal appearances. This unit is co-taught with unit Client Advocacy and Communication Skills PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Have an enhanced capacity for the formal oral and written communication skills of the practicing lawyer and a deeper understanding of aspects of substantive law and procedure.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Winter Term, 2015
Three hours per week.
Entry to the LLB program and the successful completion of at least 48 credit points from the discipline of Law.
Familiarity with the legal system, particularly the Australian system; basic legal research skills, understanding of judicial precedent and statutory interpretation.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws