Sports Journalism 1 (7142.7)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176408) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165278) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153822) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145991) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the craft of sports writing for the print media and teaches skills in producing match reports, interviews, profiles, colour pieces and investigation reporting. Examples will be drawn from Australian and overseas contexts and the question of audiences are addressed as one cultural difference. Specialised as well as general sport writing is covered, and the growing area of stories from the sport business sector is included.
1. produce sport-related articles of publication standard.
2. demonstrate your understanding of the different writing styles (ie. match reports, previews,reviews, profiles and features) as they apply to sports journalism by producing publicationstandard articles.
3. demonstrate your ability to undertake the practical aspects of covering sporting events.
4. evaluate the impact of societal issues on sports reporting.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
Two hours of lectures and one hour tutorials per week.
5572 Reporting OR 9923 Mobile Reporting
Students must be enrolled in the Sports Media course.