Public Relations Strategy (7132.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Communication Studies|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
This subject examines the processes involved in developing and implementing a strategic public relations plan that will help an organisation to achieve its goals. It builds on the theoretical and practical aspects of communication examined in Public Relations Theory, Public Relations Writing and Public Relations Practice. A strategic planning project and case history-based exercises provide students with practical, hands-on experience of working as a member of a project team to analyse the communication needs of an organisation and develop and implement communication strategies and tactics to address them.
- analyse the communication needs of an organisation; develop practical, cost-effective communication strategies and tactics; determine the financial and manpower resources required to implement them; write a public relations plan; project manage the implementation of a public relations plan; evaluate the overall success of the plan and its implementation in terms of meeting goals and objectives.
Four and half hours per week in Weeks 2 to 15; one and half hours in Week 1.
Public Relations Practice.