Survey Research and Design in Psychology (7126.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Samantha STANLEY (Ph: +61 2 62015590 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (189095) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (179835) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (163878) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (153683) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145636) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit develops knowledge and skills for conducting ethical, well-designed, survey-based research in psychology. Theory and practice of survey-based research is covered, including how to ask a research question, survey design, sampling, data entry, correlational multivariate statistical analysis, and interpreting and communicating results.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Design, conduct and critique survey-based research in psychology;
2. Conduct and interpret correlational multivariate statistical data analysis, including reliability, factor analysis, and multiple linear regression; and
3. Communicate the results of survey-based psychological research in writing.
Up to two hours of lectures and up to two hours of tutorials per week.
Must have passed or be enrolled in 7118 Experimental Psychology.
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 830AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 148JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- 780AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science