Experimental Psychology (7118.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Jeroen VAN BOXTEL (Ph: +61 2 62015225 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (189090) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (179830) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (163875) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (153675) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145633) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students further develop their understanding of research methods used in psychology. This unit discusses the most common experimental designs in psychology, and associated statistical techniques including t-tests, ANOVA, and nonparametric tests. Students will get experience performing these tests with a statistical package.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critique major research designs in psychology and identify the appropriate statistical analysis;
2. Analyse and interpret data from experimental research designs; and
3. Write a laboratory report in APA format.
Up to 4 hours per week.
6611 Introduction to Psychological Research OR 11398 Introduction to Research in Health Sciences
4309 Psychology 101 OR 11399 Understanding People and Behaviour OR 4310 Psychology 102 OR 10444 Foundations of Psychology
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 830AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 148JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- 780AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science