Law of Communications (7098.4)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 01/01/2013
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
The areas to be examined include the law of freedom of speech in Australia and the extent to which the law impacts on the work of journalists, authors and allied professionals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of case law and statutory provisions relating to freedom of expression in Australia; demonstrate an understanding of how the law impacts upon the work of journalists, authors, librarians and allied professionals;An ability to formulate legal arguments as they apply to concrete situations.
3 hours per week or 40 hours intensive.