Politics in Developing Nations (7081.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Government & Policy|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (158248) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145744) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2015
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: 30/06/2016
This unit provides students with an introduction to politics in developing nations, especially those of the Asia-Pacific region.
1. Understand the historical context of politics in developing nations.
2. Appreciate the complexity, distinctiveness and diversity of politics in developing nations.
3. Be able to link conceptual and theoretical ideas to political practice in developing countries.
4. Be able to analyse and explain political events in developing countries and effectively communicate this information.
Three hours per week.