Legal Theory (7046.6)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 2 DR Trevor O RYAN (Ph: +61 2 62015771 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 2 DR Trevor O RYAN (Ph: +61 2 62015771 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your Unit's Moodle site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167375) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (159583) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140626) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The areas examined include the: jurisprudential and sociological theories of law; current critical comment in relation to legal reform; differing legal techniques; and evaluation of legislative response.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Acquire and demonstrate an understanding of the major jurisprudential and sociological theories of the law through the completion of set assigned oral and written tasks;
2. Demonstrate a developing ability to apply the concepts, ideas and approaches in the theoretical and empirical analysis of the law and its relationship with social phenomena;
3. Demonstrate the ability to design and conduct studies that examine law in its philosophical and sociological context; and
4. Acquire and demonstrate enhanced critical analysis skills in relation to legal policy and proposals of law reform through the completion of set assigned tasks.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Three hours per week.
6601 Legal Methods and Skills
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws