Law of Obligations (7042.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 2 MRS Jane DIEDRICKS (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167574) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151543) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140094) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to introduce participants to the scope of civil obligations in Australia and to provide participants with an understanding of the policy and principles governing the law of torts and the law of restitution. The emphasis of the course is on the law of torts.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Acquire an understanding of the basic principles of Australian torts law and civil obligations law;
2. Acquire an understanding of the development of the law in response to change and those key issues of policy which lie behind the law;
3. Acquire an understanding of the practice of the exercise of rights in this field, including the statutory and common law frameworks, and issues arising which affect such rights;
4. Apply their knowledge of obligations law to hypothetical fact situations to determine an appropriate outcome;
5. Identify and analyse difficulties that may arise in the application of these legal principles; and
6. Identify and discuss potential for further law reform.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Four hours per week.
Completion of Legal Systems or equivalent. Entry to the LLB program.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws