Criminal Law and Procedure (7025.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 1 MR David HEALEY (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177852) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166792) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153814) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145986) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with an understanding of the principles of the criminal law of the Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales. It examines the mental and physical elements of offences with particular reference to homicide, non-fatal offences against the person, sexual offences, drug offences, theft and larceny, inchoate offences, defences and complicity. The unit will also introduce students to criminal practice including the standard of proof, the formation and role of the jury and the trial process.
- Upon satisfactory completion of this unit, students will understand and be able to apply the principles of the criminal law as practised in the ACT and NSW. Students will develop further the skills of legalreasoning and analysis, advocacy, legal research and writing, problem solving and critique
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
Four hours per week.
Entry to the LLB program or Social Science in Justice Studies program.
- 107JB Associate Degree of Social Science in Justice Studies (online)
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 142HG Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws