Service Industry Management 2 (7011.6)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 01/01/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 6 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2015
This unit will look at the skills and techniques required by a manager to best manage a tourism and hospitality service business with specific relevance to human resources. In this subject you will explore various strategies necessary to ensure competitive advantage through people management and development.
1. demonstrate an awareness of the roles and responsibilities in Human Resources
2. apply a range of Human Resources theories and concepts applicable to service-based tourism industries
3. facilitate trainings and assessing the career market for Tourism Graduates
3 hrs per week.
Introduction to Tourism or Global Issues in Tourism or permission of lecturer.