Contemporary Cultural Practice (7009.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Humanities|
This subject explores theoretical frameworks for contemporary cultural practice. It begins by considering general dilemmas affecting notions of subjectivity and creativity and then considers specific contexts of creative cultural production. Film, New Media, and Writing provides the main reference points and examples for specific analysis. Assessment for this subject is project-based, enabling students to engage in sustained and detailed cultural studies research.
- Upon completion of this subject, it is expected that students will have: an understanding of theoretical issues and debates surrounding the ideas of subjectivity, creativity, and cultural practice; an ability to critically analyse specific examples of contemporary cultural practice; and an ability to conduct a substantial research project.
Three hours per week consisting of lectures and tutorials.
Communication, History and Society
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production