Print Journalism 1 (6972.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Creative Writing|
This unit builds on the news writing and reporting experience acquired by students in their first year. It concentrates on teaching hard-news techniques and institutes a 'rounds' system for students who will be expected to produce stories for the course's online publication. The unit looks at both print and online writing techniques, and at the legal restraints on news publication.
1. generate ideas for news stories.
2. know how to deal with contacts.
3. understand legal pitfalls in publishing and techniques to avoid them.
4. understand newsworthiness.
5. write a news story for print.
2.5 hours a week.
Introduction to Journalism, and Reporting, and enrolment in Journalism specialisation or elective minor in journalism.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 991AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Journalism
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 982AA Bachelor of Journalism
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 101JA Bachelor of Management / Bachelor of Journalism
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism