Special Studies in Modern Languages A (6969.6)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 01/01/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 6 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
This is an individualised unit designed to allow students to develop their language skills and knowledge in an area not covered by the other language units. It also allows beginning to intermediate students to undertake studies developed in existing language units. For advanced students the program of studies in each case is designed to fit the particular students capacities, aims and requirements. The unit consists of studies in a given area, or may consist of an investigation of an area relevant to each students professional orientation to be undertaken under the guidance of a staff member.
- students should have achieved a higher level of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in the chosen language. For beginning and intermediate students this level of achievement depends on the level of the language unit undertaken.
- Advanced students should have achieved a higher level in their reading and writing skills in the chosen language
The language competence needed to undertaken this unit need to be determined and approved by the Lecturer in Charge of each language.