Health and Movement Education 2 (6893.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166349) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (166161) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151940) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (152368) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140744) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (141098) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is a continuation of Health and Movement Education 1 with students studying new content areas including nutrition, sexuality education, drug education, resilience and protective behaviour strategies. Physical Education topics will include higher order fundamental motor skills, expressive movement, assessment, and integration across the curriculum, and inclusive practices.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Design a scope and sequence for Health and Personal Development from P-6;
2. Identify and implement the core components of an effective personal development and health program, using current curriculum documents;
3. Research in depth, a health topic of their choosing;
4. Produce and present a package related to a particular health topic that is suitable for use in the Primary School Context;
5. Teach and reinforce fundamental motor skills through games while incorporating the games sense approach to teaching physical education; and
6. Devise and implement safe and well organised experiences for students in the areas of minor and modified games, Athletics and Educational Gymnastics.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Winter Term, 2015
Three hours a week.
Students must have completed 48 credit points AND Health and Movement Education 1.