Community Work (6874.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 30/06/2013
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 03/11/2011
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
This subject will extend and apply the understandings of community development principles and practice by examining in community contexts a range of activities to promote positive social change. Such activities include but are not limited to information gathering, awareness raising, advocacy, self-help, networking, and service and resource provision.
1. Develop an assets profile of a community
2. Identify methods of influencing policy and decision makers
3. Engage in and facilitate a range of activities directed at fostering community agendas for positive change
1 x 1 hour lecture and 1 x 2 hour tutorial.