Corporations Law G (6780.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Winter Term MS Jenny FU (Ph: +61 2 62015761 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (178965) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (167872) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (152410) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (141150) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The areas examined include the: incorporation of a company and its constitution; rights, duties and liabilities of directors, other company officers and shareholders; company meeting; companys dealings with outsiders; and introduction to the law relating to company takeovers, securities, insolvency and winding up.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the essential features of Corporations Law;
2. Demonstrate an awareness of reform proposals and policy issues associated with Corporations Law;
3. Acquire and demonstrate through the completion of set assigned tasks the skills of legal analysis and application of the law to problem scenarios; and
4. Acquire and demonstrate through the completion of set assigned tasks an ability to critically analyse existing law and reform proposals from a legal and policy perspective.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2018
- Winter Term, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
40 hours intensive and online.
Completion of 6777 Legal Systems G or equivalent. AND 6779 Contract Law G. Entry to the graduate law program.
Familiarity with the legal system, particularly the Australian system; basic legal research skills, understanding of judicial precedent and statutory interpretation.