Contract Law (6594.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 2 DR Wendy BONYTHON (Ph: +61 2 62068368 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 2 MR Scott PEARSALL (Ph: +61 2 62068987 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167692) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151910) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140711) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit involves a detailed study of the law of contract. The course commences with a study of the nature of contract and the elements essential to its formation - intention to create legal relations, offer and acceptance, agreement on terms, consideration, parties and legality. The remedies available for breach of contract are also studied. The aim of this unit is to provide students with a thorough grounding in the principles of contract law.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Skills in extracting principles from primary and secondary legal sources;
2. Understand of how the principles have been developed and how they interrelate;
3. Able to analyse and apply principles to problems;
4. Effectively communicate a resolution to contract problems;
5. Understand of the impact the common law and relevant statutory provisions on the contract law principles;
6. Appreciate of the dynamic nature of the law of contract in terms of its continuing development; and
7. Basic level of skills, with a view to developing lifelong learning skills and practices.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
3 hours per week
Completion of Legal Systems or equivalent. Entry to the LLB program.
Basic knowledge of the legal system.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws