General Mathematics G (6553.4)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Maths & Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181718) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166325) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166422) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165937) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151724) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154778) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145952) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims to present some techniques currently used on a large and complex scale in the scientific, business and administrative fields and to show how these are easy to understand and employ on a small scale. Emphasis will be placed on problem formulation. Solution techniques will not be developed rigorously, but rather the student's intuition will be appealed to. Topics include first-order linear difference equations (applications to finance and ecology), matrices (applications demographic and Markov), systems of linear equations, graphical representation of functional relationships, and an introduction to calculus applications.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the topics covered; and
2. Apply this understanding to problems in the areas covered.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
3 hours lecture plus 1 hour tutorial/laboratory per week
Familiarity with mathematics to Year-12 level.