Introduction to Software Engineering (5531.9)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC College Trimester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (174469) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (172377) - View
- UC College Trimester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (172238) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (170026) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154316) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (147331) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the discipline and practice of software engineering. It introduces students to software engineering processes, including programming, testing, software quality, and introduces the concepts of the SDLC. Additional topics include data representation in binary, basic logic operations, data structures and recursion. The unit teaches the foundations of programming, testing and software quality control.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the nature of the discipline of Software engineering;
2. Describe the responsibilities placed upon a software engineer;
3. Construct debug and test small programs;
4. Use fundamental data structures including pointers and arrays;
5. Be able to analyse simple algorithms; and
6. Describe the phases of the software engineering life cycle.
Up to 3 hours per week, 2L + 1T
- 106JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 935AA Diploma of Information Technology
- 936AA Diploma of Information Technology (Extended)
- 353JA Diploma of Network and Software Engineering