Advocacy & Inclusion (4919.9)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/1998 End Date: 31/12/2000
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2001 End Date: 31/12/2001
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2002 End Date: 31/12/2003
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2004 End Date: 30/06/2006
- Version 6 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/07/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 7 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
- Version 9 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 01/01/2013
- Version 8 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
This is a foundation unit in which students engage in critical reflection and analysis about the ways in which societies respond to diversity and advocate with groups who are at risk of being devalued or marginalised. The unit examines discourses concerned with human rights, social justice and equity as underpinning inclusive practice and effective advocacy. Students will also be given the opportunity to develop skills and processes of individual and systemic advocacy in settings relevant to their professional field.
One lecture plus two hour tutorial.