Spanish 1b:Language & Culture (4875.8)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/1998 End Date: 31/12/2000
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2001 End Date: 31/12/2001
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2002 End Date: 31/12/2005
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 6 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 7 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 8 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
This unit continues to build on the work done in Spanish 1A. It provides more advanced oral and written exercises and activities which will give students the opportunity to develop further their ability to understand, speak and write a more advanced Spanish. Special emphasis is placed on developing the student's skills in free conversation so they can interact in Spanish as naturally and as spontaneously as possible. Spanish will continue to be the only medium of instruction.
1. Be able to converse in more complex communicative situations with a higher degree of fluency
2. Be able to follow the class in the target language since Spanish is the main medium of instruction
3. Be able to read a variety of texts with more understanding
4. Be able to write using more complex structures
5. Use the language to gain insights in various aspects of Hispanic culture, customs and values. This component will be achieved through readings, videos, music and other activities showing the way people confront everyday situations, as well as the study of artistic, literary and other cultural expressions
Four hours face-to-face and one hour online engagement.
Spanish 1A Language and Culture.