Communication in Science (4732.6)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 1 MS Anna MALDONI (Ph: +61 2 62015983 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 2 MS Anna MALDONI (Ph: +61 2 62015983 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 1 DR Leah MOORE (Ph: +61 2 62015171 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Winter Term DR Leah MOORE (Ph: +61 2 62015171 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC College Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (166609) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165655) - View
- UC College Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (150497) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (162099) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155943) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This subject is intended to help students express themselves and their knowledge of science. The lectures and tutorials stress oral and written communication techniques, which are the basis of assessments throughout the semester. There is no final examination.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critique the way science is communicated in scientific writing;
2. Critique the way science is communicated in scientific writing; presentations on a scientific;
3. Technical or medical topics;
4. Find scientific literature, reference it using the Harvard system and discriminate and evaluate the quality of information; and
5. Work in a group to prepare a media release.
One hour workshop and a two hour workshop each week.
- 142HG Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
- 142JA Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
- 120JA Bachelor of Arts in Landscape
- 264JA Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 791AA Bachelor of Environmental Science
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 660AA Bachelor of Medical Science
- 131JA Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- 192JA Diploma of Science