Data Analysis in Science (1809.7)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 2 DR Sumaira QURESHI (Ph: +61 2 62068310 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166000) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149803) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139231) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This subject gives students an understanding of the application of elementary and numerical techniques used in natural sciences assessment and management. It also introduces students to the concepts and techniques used in the modelling of interactive systems.
1. Recognize essential elements of their research system and understand particular principles of simple system analysis;
2. Design and conduct an experiment within a quality control and assurance framework;
3. Collect and manipulate data that are both of a numerical and non-numerical character;
4. Comprehend, apply and interpret the results of standard data analysis and statistical methods including descriptive statistics, parametric and non-parametric hypothesis testing, linear regression, and simple analyses of variance and be able to express these effectively in a written environment;
5. Use standard statistical packages such as SPSS as well as Excel to prepare, manipulate and process data; and
6. Integrate quantitative information with statistical outcomes towards developing an understanding of a research topic.
1 hour lecture, 3 hours tutorial per week