Mobile Technologies (11492.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Dat TRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012394 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Dat TRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012394 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191699) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on a range of mobile technologies, mobile devices, standards and services that enable interaction between people and businesses. This includes the modern software and operating systems that drive mobile devices. The students study the issues of performance, program development, system testing, re-usability, and maintenance in such systems via laboratory experimentation and current industry examples. Windows Phone, Android, iOS and appropriate emulators are used in experiments and projects to develop applications for mobile devices.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Describe the various issues associated with modern mobile technologies, devices, standards and services;
2. Apply problem solving skills in designing and development: mobile application structures, mobile applications with database, and security requirements;
3. Analyse mobile technologies, and interpret the technical requirements for a given mobile application;
4. Develop mobile applications using Android, iOS and Windows Phone; and
5. Evaluate modern mobile technologies and software development tools for mobile devices.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
Up to 5 hours per week in Summer semester or up to 3 hours per week in normal semester mode.
4483 Software Technology 1
Object-oriented programming language.
8878 Mobile Technologies
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- ETB001 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 560AA Bachelor of Software Engineering
- 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology