Building and Construction Law (11287.1)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MS Alisa TAYLOR (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 PROF Murray RAFF (Ph: +61 2 62015969 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184093) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit traverses:
- the dynamics of the building and construction industries and the law
- the structure of legal regulation of the building industry
- the players in a building project and their legal status
- the building contract
- securities over the site, the contract and assignment
- payment claims
- building disputes
- the building site as a workplace
- completion of the building contract.
This unit may be co-taught with a G version of the unit.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Identify and explain the nature and sources of the law generally, and specifically the law relating to building and construction, as well as its administration;
2. Identify and explain the frameworks within which building law operates at the local, state, national and international levels;
3. Identify and analyse standard industry contracts and their functions; and
4. Explain and analyse the operation of building law and the legal rights and obligations of the players in the building and construction industries.
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- 357JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws