Capstone Law and Justice (11254.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Tony KRONE (Ph: +61 2 62012676 ) ON-CAMPUS 2019 Semester 2 DR Tony KRONE (Ph: +61 2 62012676 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Alison MCLENNAN (Ph: +61 2 62068367 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Alison MCLENNAN (Ph: +61 2 62068367 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184067) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184068) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this capstone unit, you will draw together the theoretical, practical and professional skills and knowledge acquired throughout your degree and demonstrate this in significant real-world products (projects or research). You will reflect on your disciplinary learning in law and/or justice throughout your degree as you are guided in the transition to your professional career. To facilitate this transition, you will develop enhanced professional skills.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate career-readiness, a clear professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attributes necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by their profession;
2. Critically reflect on their learning and the development of skills throughout their degree and consider their ongoing development into their professional lives;
3. Synthesise high-level conceptual and practical understanding and relevant disciplinary knowledge to develop useful solutions to real-world problems;
4. Critically analyse the impact of the legal and/or justice professions on society;
5. Demonstrate high-level skills in professional research and writing; and
6. Communicate responses to legal, social, commercial and/or policy issues effectively, appropriately and persuasively.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
2-3 hour interactive workshops on campus per week.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Justice Studies course.
This unit should be taken in the final semester of the course and all students must have passed 11251 Foundations of Law and Justice.
Students in a Bachelor of Laws must have passed at least 72 credit points and students in a Bachelor of Justice Studies must have passed at least 48 credit points (including the 6 cps for Foundations of Law and Justice) before enrolling in this unit.
7019 Advanced Legal Research and Writing and 8358 Advanced Legal Research and Writing (Honours)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB001 Bachelor of Justice Studies
- SCNP01 Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws