Introduction to International Relations (11238.1)
|Level:||Introductory Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Government & Policy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Shuhrat BARATOV (Ph: +61 2 62068364 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Jonathan PICKERING (Ph: +61 2 62012463 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184872) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the discipline of International Relations by analysing and debating core theoretical approaches, key historical developments from the 20th and 21st centuries, and contemporary issues including human security, global governance, foreign aid, transnational crime, and regionalisation.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify, describe and apply concepts, theories and methods used in the study of International Relations to the analysis of political ideas, practices and issues in the international system;
2. Compare and contrast the political significance of multiple polities coexisting and of political boundary drawing and transforming politics and practices;
3. Differentiate and evaluate interpretations of international political events and issues in historical and contemporary context; and
4. Analyse the major structural changes in the inter-state system and assess their contemporary ramifications.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
- SCB201 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design