Professional Evidence (Government and Policy) (11237.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Government & Policy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Michael DE PERCY (Ph: +61 2 62012708 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Jean-Paul GAGNON (Ph: +61 2 62012497 ) ON-CAMPUS
This is the capstone unit of both the Bachelor of Politics and International Relations and the Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy. The unit will normally be undertaken in the student's final semester of study. Taking a contemporary policy issue as a case study, the unit will provide student with the opportunity to draw together their learning from both the academic content and professional practice undertaken during their course. The course will provide students in the School of Government & Policy with the opportunity to work in teams to consider policy issues in an interdisciplinary environment similar to that which, as graduates of these degrees, they are likely to encounter in their future workplaces. They will develop a portfolio building on the reflective practice that has been incorporated in units throughout their courses.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate career-readiness, a clear professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attribute necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by their profession;
2. Critically reflect on their learning and the development of their skills throughout their course and consider their ongoing development into their professional lives;
3. Critically analyse the impact of individual actions on others in professional government and policy settings and the impact of the profession on society; and
4. Synthesise high-level conceptual and practical understanding and knowledge of government and policy to develop useful solutions to real-world problems.
One 2 hour workshop and one 1 hour lecture on-campus per week.
11173 Professional Evidence (Business) and 11171 Professional Evidence (Commerce).
- MGB201 Bachelor of Business Administration
- SCB201 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- SCB301 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Economic Policy)
- SCB302 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Sociology)