|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Government & Policy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Xiaodong GONG (Ph: +61 2 62012771 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Xiaodong GONG (Ph: +61 2 62012771 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189959) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit deals with econometric models and their application to problems in economics, finance and business. The unit builds on basic statistics concepts covered in an introductory statistics course. The focus is mainly on practical issues concerned with specifying, estimating and testing econometric models using a computer package. Topics covered in the unit include linear regression (with one and multiple regressors), hypothesis testing, regression with panel data, regression with binary dependent variable and time series regression and forecasting.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Use econometric models and methods to analyse and interpret real data in finance and economics;
2. Manipulate econometric software to conduct empirical econometric analysis focused on solving a range of real world problems in finance and economics;
3. Identify the limitations of commonly used econometric models; and
4. Incorporate the outputs of various statistical and econometric models in reports to stakeholders, in ways that assist them to make decisions.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11165 Quantitative Methods in Commerce
Students should have knowledge of basic statistics contained in the pre-requisite unit 'Quantitative Methods in Commerce'.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGB302 Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics)
- MGB303 Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Banking)
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws