Industry Project (11197.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Doug JACKMAN (Ph: +61 2 62015896 ) PROJECT
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, PROJECT, BRUCE (184557) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The primary aim of the unit is to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate through actual practice that they can undertake an organisational capability review process in an agreed organisational setting that is consistent with the majority of the requirements of the capstone module.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Curate evidence of professional practice acquired throughout their course to demonstrate learning development and critically reflect on the application of their learning and development in their professional lives;
2. Demonstrate clearly and professionally in a range of modes appropriate to their discipline and profession;
3. Apply planning and management innovation to organizational organisational change (including issues of inclusion, ICT and internationalisation) using cognitive, technical and creative skills;
4. Apply the principles of evidence-based management and HR analytics to decision-making in relation to contemporary challenges in workforce management;
5. Demonstrate a capacity to advocate and support ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business decisions in a complex organisational environment and demonstrate a high level of personal autonomy and accountability;
6. Apply experience in professional management of work and organisation demonstrating skill, creativity and initiative in new situations; and
7. Apply theory of industry best practice in the analysis of a contemporary challenge in a case study organisation.
A semester-long industry project with associated 'set meetings' with the unit convener as set facilitator and other students in the unit as set members.
Must have passed 30 credit points.
A broad and in depth knowledge of the theory and practice of human capital management and human resource management.
- MGB103 Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business