Consumer and Buyer Behaviour (11178.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Marjan ASLAN (Ph: +61 2 62012136 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184589) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers both consumer behaviour and business buying behaviour. Students will explore the processes that consumers go through when selecting services and goods, such as the individual customer make up and environmental influences that impact on human decision making. Consumers' culture and social status, psychographics and demographic factors as well as the role of emotion and humour in marketing strategies will be discussed and analysed. Of equal importance is how businesses/organisations make purchasing decisions and students analyse how this is different/ similar to consumer decision making processes in new task buying and repeat buying decision making processes.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and interpret consumer behaviour theory and its implications for marketing strategy in both consumer, organisational and industrial markets;
2. Analyse consumer decision making processes in different scenarios;
3. Evaluate consumer decision making theories and apply to new product development and entrepreneurial environments;
4. Analyse how cultural differences impact on marketing strategies;
5. Compare organisational buyer behaviour in different settings to consumer buying behaviour; and
6. Describe the scope and nature of psychology and sociology in consumer behaviour.
Three hours of of interactive workshops, lectures and tutorial on-campus per week.
11176 Marketing Fundamentals
6390 Consumer Behaviour
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- BM0003 Breadth Major in Business Principles
- BM0015 Breadth Major in Marketing
- BM0005 Breadth Major in Marketing and Events
- BM0016 Breadth Major in Service Management
- MJ0309 Major in Teaching Secondary Business Studies
- SM0025 Specialist Major in Marketing
- SM0026 Specialist Major in Service Management