The Creative Producer (11144.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Tim THOMAS (Ph: +61 2 62015868 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Tim THOMAS (Ph: +61 2 62015868 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190179) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students gain an understanding of the role of the creative producer as they take a project through development from initial idea to targeting markets and trans media opportunities. The unit's emphasis is on developing a project whilst navigating the complex connections between government incentives, business and markets.
On completion of this unit students will have formed into Creative Producer teams. The teams will develop pre-production material, and the 'paperwork' that surrounds a film's market proposal, ready to begin production of their graduating film in the following unit. They will also be able to answer this question, "How many Producers does it take to change a light bulb?"
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and align a project with a market;
2. Evaluate investment and return as it applies to both commercial films and short films;
3. Use technical understanding to produce an investment budget and a production for a short film; and
4. Lead a creative team and foster collaboration in the development of a short film.
Two hour seminar on-campus per week.
11139 Short Film Production.
11142 Creative Collaboration and Specialisation in Film Project.
9675 Level 3 Film Project.
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management