The Grand Experiment (11111.1)
|Level:||Introductory Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Tony EATON (Ph: +61 2 62015831 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Tony EATON (Ph: +61 2 62015831 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184498) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This cross-disciplinary, project-based unit provides students with a unique opportunity, working in small teams, to explore courageous, tentative or experimental projects, freed from the pressure of having to produce something that is objectively 'successful'. Assessment in this unit will focus not upon the quality or otherwise of the group-driven creative outputs, but rather upon the reflective, individual exegetical and reflective components that accompany them. This capstone unit will allow students to apply the knowledge base established in Big Stories: Culture, Memory and Narrative and It Must be True: Knowledge, Culture and Creativity to the skills developed in Reading Culture, Curating Culture.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Work in multi-disciplinary teams to formulate and present a diverse range of creative and cultural projects;
2. Demonstrate agility and flexibility in their planning and teamwork, in order to communicate their project effectively;
3. Apply their individual knowledge of global, cultural and indigenous contexts to their chosen project through reflective practice; and
4. Experiment with ideas and methodology relevant to the intersecting creative and cultural fields in which they and their team are operating.
- ARB001 Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
- ARB002 Bachelor of Arts (Culture and Heritage)
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARB005 Bachelor of Arts (Global Studies)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management